JumpStart - Before You Start
If you're registering for the entire series, use the series page for a discount on your registration.
Before You Start is designed to help you become thoroughly familiar with the fundamentals of self-employment/business ownership and begin work on the transition from employee to business owner.
In the Before You Start workshop you will:
- Assess yourself personally, financially, and in relation to starting your own business. *Evaluate your business idea.
- Learn the pros and cons of self-employment. *Learn how to identify business opportunities.
- Learn how to make the transition from job holder to business owner.
- Identify steps and resources to make your dream a reality.
This workshop is part of our JumpStart series, a low cost, flexible five-week workshop series that helps prospective business owners increase their chances for success and reduce the risks associated with starting a business. Register here and on the other workshop pages to pick and choose the workshops that most interest you, or register for the entire series for a discount at the JumpStart series page.
The JumpStart Series workshops:
- Before You Start – October 7, 2021 - learn how to move from employee to business owner
- Market Research – October 14, 2021 - teaches how to assess the feasibility of your business ideas
- Financial Analysis – October 21, 2021 - provides financial basics critical to business success
- The Business Plan – October 28, 2021 - helps business owners plan for growth and profitability
- Business Launch – November 4, 2021 - understand the legal, financial, insurance, employment and tax requirements
Limited financial aid is available to those who qualify. To apply, complete the business training scholarship application below before registering. Course fees are non-refundable.
Class: 6:00 - 9:00
Fee: $ 35.00
This required fee holds your place in the class and is non-refundable. Limited financial assistance is available to those who qualify; complete the linked application before registering.