JumpStart - Workshop 5 - Business Launch
Business Launch is a panel of experts who will help you understand how to successfully launch a business.
In the Business Launch workshop you will:
- Learn the City of Philadelphia licensing, zoning, and inspection requirements
- Understand the different types of legal entities and how to choose a legal structure for your business
- Learn the basics of small business bookkeeping
- Learn about insurance for small businesses
This workshop is part of our JumpStart series, a low cost, flexible five-week workshop series that helps prospective business owners increase their chances for success and reduce the risks associated with starting a business. Register here and on the other workshop pages to pick and choose the workshops that most interest you, or register for the entire series for a discount at the JumpStart series page.
The JumpStart Series workshops:
- Before You Start – September 7, 2023 - learn how to move from employee to business owner
- Market Research – September 14, 2023 - teaches how to assess the feasibility of your business ideas
- Financial Analysis – September 21, 2023 - provides financial basics critical to business success
- Business Plan – September 28, 2023 - helps business owners plan for growth and profitability
- Business Launch – October 5, 2023 - understand the legal, financial, insurance, employment and tax requirements
Registration due before workshop begins; Class: 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Limited financial aid is available to those who qualify. To apply, complete the business training scholarship application below before registering. Course fees are non-refundable.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact us at (215) 790-9232 to arrange.
Fee: $ 35.00