JumpStart - Workshop 5: Business Launch
Business Launch is designed to help you understand how to successfully launch a new business, presented by a panel of expert guest speakers representing expertise in business law, taxes, insurance, and government requirements.
In this workshop you will hear from a panel of experts to:
- Learn the City of Philadelphia licensing, zoning, and inspection requirements
- Understand the different types of legal entities and how to choose a legal structure for your business
- Learn the basics of small business tax requirements and accountability
- Learn about insurance for small businesses
This workshop is part of our JumpStart series: a low cost, five-week webinar series that helps prospective business owners increase their chances for success and reduce the risks associated with starting a business. Register here and on the other individual workshop pages to pick and choose the webinars that most interest you, -OR- register for the entire series for a discounted registration fee at the JumpStart Full Series page.
The JumpStart Series workshops:
- Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - Before You Start: Learn how to move from employee to business owner
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024 - Market Research: Teaches how to assess the feasibility of your business ideas
- Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - Financial Analysis: Provides financial basics critical to business success
- Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - Business Plan: Helps business owners plan for growth and profitability
- Tuesday, March 26, 2024 - Business Launch: Understand the legal, financial, insurance, employment and tax requirements
Each class is held 6:00 - 8:00PM. Registration for individual classes will close day-of at 5:00PM.
Limited financial aid is available to those who qualify. To apply, complete the business training scholarship application below before registering. Course fees are non-refundable.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact us at (215) 790-9232 to arrange.
Fee: $ 35.00
This required fee holds your place in the class and is non-refundable. Limited financial assistance is available to those who qualify; complete the linked application before registering.